Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally posted at Bawarchi.com by Ranjani Rao
- 2 1⁄2 cups rice (soaked for 1 hour)
- 1 cup tamarind pulp
- 8 -9 red chilies (vary according to how hot it is)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 piece jaggery, pounded to powder (2 and 1/2 times that of tamarind, or to taste)
- 1⁄4 small coconut, grated
- Mix all the above ingredients, (except the salt and the jaggery) in the mixie till they are a fine paste.
- Add freshly chopped (raw) spinach, salt and jaggery and make dosas.
- Have with any mildly hot Chutney, Curd or plain.
- Variations: You can also use the above batter to make Cabbage dosa by adding boiled cabbage, Patrode dosa by adding finely chopped'patrode' leaves (raw), Brinjal dosa by adding semicircle slices of a big brinjal (raw) which can be dipped in the batter and laid on the tava to form dosas- these taste real yummy.