healthy vegetarian recipe
Make and share this Palak Dal recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml palak (spinach)
- 118.29 ml arhar dal
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 4.92 ml garlic paste
- 4.92 ml coriander powder
- 4.92 ml green chili
- 1.23 ml haldi powder (turmeric)
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml coriander
- 3 bay leaves (tej patta)
- 3 red chilies
- 2.46 ml cumin seed (or panch phoran)
- 0.25 ml hing
- 14.79 ml ghee
- Clean, wash and soak the arhar dal for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the soaked arhar dal, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add the bay leaves, red chillies, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, Add chopped onion,ginger,garlic,turmeric powder,coriander powder,chilli powder , cook for few minutes.
- Add already cooked into above tadka,let it simmer for few minute.Granish with chopped coriander(optional).
- Serve hot.