healthy vegetarian recipe
Make and share this Palak Dal recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups palak (spinach)
- 1⁄2 cup arhar dal
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon green chili
- 1⁄4 teaspoon haldi powder (turmeric)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 3 bay leaves (tej patta)
- 3 red chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed (or panch phoran)
- 1 pinch hing
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Clean, wash and soak the arhar dal for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the soaked arhar dal, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add the bay leaves, red chillies, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, Add chopped onion,ginger,garlic,turmeric powder,coriander powder,chilli powder , cook for few minutes.
- Add already cooked into above tadka,let it simmer for few minute.Granish with chopped coriander(optional).
- Serve hot.