Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't actually tried this recipe, but posting it here for jessieng. tell me how it turns out :D
- 1⁄2 cup split mung dal, presoaked
- 2 -3 whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup steamed spinach
FOR BAGHAR (TEMPER)
- 1 pinch cumin seed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 -3 whole dried red chilies
- Wash the Dal.
- place in a pot over low heat with 1 1/2 cups water.
- add spices and cook uncovered till almost done.
- add the steamed Palak and cook till thick
- Temper with Cumin Seeds, Garlic, and whole red chilies fried in a little oil.
i tried this recipe i found that it needed more salt and also it needed more water it was thicker then usual. but overall with those changes next time it should be superb