Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother would always make these for us on the weekends. I still make them and love them just as much. We always fill them with either jelly or jam. I made these once for a breakfast get together and also used flavored fruit syrup and whipped cream to go over the rolled palacinki.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (about)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- jam or jelly or preserves or marmalade
- powdered sugar (optional)
- fruit syrup (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Combine sifted flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the whole eggs, one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Add enough milk to make a thin batter.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter into a heated, lightly greased skillet.
- Swirl around skillet to coat bottom of pan.
- When brown on the underside, turn and brown on other side.
- Spread with jam, jelly, preserve or marmalade.
- Can sprinkle with powdered sugar, fruit syrups or whipped cream, if desired.
Thanks for posting! My Hungarian-Slovak mother in law used to make these, just like this! She used to have bananas and melted chocolate or jam to fill them with, yum. However, in my very American way, I liked to fill mine with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon - still love it! These are super easy. From other recipes I have let my batter rest for around an hour. I really appreciate it, Jane from Ohio*!
I am from slovakia and I am eating palacinky from my grandma now ^_^ This is our tradicional recipe. Palacinky is very well with this fill: strawberry jam cottage cheese (tvaroh) sugar.It is great.YUM...
I'm so excited to find this recipe, thank you so much! This was a huge favorite with my siblings, cousins, & I. We use to beg my grandmother to make this every time we stayed with her. We called it Palacinka & I have been searching in vein for a recipe. (My Serbian is very very poor/ non existent & didn't think I was spelling it correctly) My grandma filled it with jam just like this recipe with powdered sugar & whip cream on top or also with a cheese filling. I can't wait to make this again for my family & my husband who has heard all about my Palacinka memories!