Recipe by Jane from Ohio
My mother would always make these for us on the weekends. I still make them and love them just as much. We always fill them with either jelly or jam. I made these once for a breakfast get together and also used flavored fruit syrup and whipped cream to go over the rolled palacinki.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (about)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- jam or jelly or preserves or marmalade
- powdered sugar (optional)
- fruit syrup (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sifted flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the whole eggs, one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Add enough milk to make a thin batter.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter into a heated, lightly greased skillet.
- Swirl around skillet to coat bottom of pan.
- When brown on the underside, turn and brown on other side.
- Spread with jam, jelly, preserve or marmalade.
- Can sprinkle with powdered sugar, fruit syrups or whipped cream, if desired.