Recipe by Trinkets
This catfish is divine served over Sweet Potato Hash and accented with Crystal Beurre Blanc. The recipe comes from Dickie Brennan's Palace Cafe Cookbook. Beware though, when blackening any foods you should: A. use a cast-iron skillet and B. make sure your vent over the stove is on high, this will create a lot of smoke! We usually cook it in our outdoor kitchen or else the smoke detector will be going off. The Creole Seasoning we use is Emeril's Creole Seasoning.
- 18 (2 -3 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle the catfish fillets generously with the Creole Sesoning and rub the seasoning in to coat both sides evenly.
- Add the vegetable oil to the hot skillet.
- Add the fillets and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until blackened.
- If serving with the sweet potato hash, spoon the hash onto serving plates and arrange 3 fillets on top and drizzle with Crystal Buerre Blanc.