Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This makes a dish extremely similar to the Palace Bread made for centuries with ingredients that are readily available today. From 'Foreign Foods' a very old Home Ec cookbook I found at my Grandmothers house. I could not read the authors name as the book was in really bad condition. This recipe intrigued me so much that I had save it here.
- 10 slices white bread, crust removed (French or Italian Style loaf works well)
- 16 ounces honey
- heavy cream
- whipped cream, sweetened, lightly whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread in honey for at least 30 minutes.
- Put in a baking dish, piling slices evenly one on top of the other.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool and chill.
- Serve with cream to pour over the top. For added flair you can sprinkle shredded and or toasted coconut over the top as well.