Shandana, a friend from Pakistan, made these for me while in grad school... and I tried them out on my DD... who loved them as much as I did! You can use any vegetable you like... I tried quiet a few and liked them all! Makes a nice light meal too! (Similar to tempura)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chickpea flour (Gram flour or Besan, available in Indian stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (or 1/2 t ginger powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup water (or more to make correct consistency)
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl.
- 2Add water and mix until batter is consistency of pancake batter.
- 3Let batter sit for 10 to 15 minutes while you cut up vegetables (thinly sliced or julienned vegetables: carrots, potato, eggplant, onion, tomato, green pepper, mushrooms, or whatever you'd like to try).
- 4Dip veggies in batter and fry until browned.
- 5Also, you can chop up vegetables and mix them into the batter; fry by dropping spoonfuls in hot oil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pakoras - Spicy Batter-Dipped Fried Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g