Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chickpea flour/gram flour fritters -- you can make these with a variety of veggies. The most popular are thinly sliced potatoes (skin removed), aubergines thinly sliced, chopped spinach, sliced zucchini, whole green chillies dipped in the batter and fried. I even made them today with steamed broccoli. Make sure to roast the cumin and coriander seeds because they give off a wonderful aroma.
- 236.59 ml chickpea flour
- 2.46 ml red chili powder
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46-4.92 ml of roasted and ground cumin
- 2.46-4.92 ml coriander seed
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 170.09-198.44 g water
Vegitables to use
- thinly sliced potato
- thinly sliced aubergine
- thinly sliced zucchini
- chopped spinach (if using, just bunch up some chopped spinach, dip it in teh batter and immerse slowly in oil, the ch)
- 1 whole green chili
- Make batter and let it rest at least 15 minutes.
- Dip veggies and deep fry till golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and serve immediately.