Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Like many basic vegetable curries this recipe has it all. Only difference is I add lemon & garam masala powder at the end to give it a more aromatic flavor. You can also add meat in it after frying the onions & cook the meat along with tomatoes & spices till it gets done. Then add courgettes & follow the rest of the recipe.
- 2 courgettes (peeled & chopped)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 small tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 green chili (cut the tail)
- 3 drops lemon juice
- Fry the onions in the oil till they turn dark brown.
- Then add tomato, ginger garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder & turmeric powder. Saute the onion & tomato till the tomatoes become tender & the oil starts showing in the curry.
- Add courgettes, mix & let them tenderize for 20 minutes on low medium heat.
- Now add garam masala powder & cumin seeds. Cover & let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- In the end add the green chili & lemon juice. Let it simmer for additional 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with naan, roti or chapati.
Easy to make, delicate flavors, nice texture and tastes great eaten straight out the refrigerator even after a few days storage.
I made this dish twice, and it turned out great each time. I made it according to the recipe, and it was just enough for my husband and me. The next time I doubled the recipe so we could have leftovers. This is great with paratha or rice. I will definitely make this often.