Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from The Culinary Institute of America 'The New Professional Chef' 5th edition at the request of a Zaar member.
- 1 ounce oil
- 2 ounces onions, minced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs, fresh
- 3 lbs lamb, lean ground
- 3 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 2 -3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ounce tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- Saute' the onions in hot oil until they are translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute' briefly.
- Remove mixture from the heat.
- Soak the bread crumbs in water.
- Squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Combine the bread crumbs, onion, and garlic.
- Add the lamb, pine nuts, beaten eggs, tahnini, parsley, salt, pepper, and spices.
- Mix them together gently but thoroughly.
- Shape the mixture into patties and chill the patties.
- Grill or broil the patties to doneness.
These were very tasty. I did reduce the amount of garlic as it doesn't seem to agree with me, but other than that left the recipe as it was. We loved the spice mix in these, it gave them a really different flavour.