1 hr 15 mins
Bint e Naeem's Note:
Back in the days when I was a child every time my mother made this dish it was considered a treat among me & my siblings. Besides potatoes & peas, okra/ladyfinger is another all time favorite vegetable among the Pakistani population. It is usually served with roti/chapatti & yogurt or sometimes with Masoor Dal (lentil) here is the recipe of a basic okra curry that was passed down from my grandmother to my mom & down to me. It’s the tomatoes that give it a different taste compared to the other recipes posted so far. Note if you want to make "Bhindi Gosht" (Okra curry with mutton) after frying the onions add mutton, let it cook on medium low heat for 20 minutes, then follow the rest of the recipe. You can also add 1/2 cup water to make it a little saucy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions in it till they turn golden brown.
- 2Add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & water. Cover & let the tomatoes cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or till they become tender & the oil seperates.
- 3Next add okra/ladyfinger in the same pan. Cover & cook for 20-30 minutes on medium low heat.
- 4Once the okra is cooked thouroughly. Add the green chilli, lower the heat & simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 5Once the oil seperates your "bhindi" is done.
- 6Enjoy with yogurt, roti & sliced cucumber.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pakistani Style Bhindi Ka Salan (Okra/Ladyfinger Curry)
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 397.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: