Recipe by Bint e Naeem
This is a really easy & quick recipe. And guys, I am already warning people with no tolerance to spicy food. Beware. This can be the most spiciest food ever. You can always lessen the amount of red chilli paste in eat but in my views you'll ruin the whole point of this dish. Its one of my all time favorites. I always make this dish with Bhagaar walay chawal( stir fried rice) & spicy green chutney & serve it wit sliced lettuce & cucumbers. For a perfect taste do not add all ingredients at once. The timing in when you add what to a dish while cooking makes a big difference in its taste. Enjoy till you start sweating :)
Top Review by UmmIbrahim
This is very easy and very delicious. For a little different style, we sometimes wrap this in a large pita with some salad type veggies (tomato, red onion, lettuce) and yogurt cucumber sauce for a delicious sandwich.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken (cut into 1 1/2 inch square pieces)
- 3 tablespoons tandoori spice mix
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 jalapeno (sliced)
- 4 leaves curry leaves (kari patta)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan add the chicken & stir fry till its half cooked or the water dries up.
- Next add 2 tablespoons tandoori spice mix & 2 tablespoons lemon juice & cook on high heat till the chicken is completely done.
- Now add the remaining tandoori masala, lemon juice, red food color, & red chili paste. Cook for 5 minutes on high medium heat.
- In the end add jalapeno, curry leaves (kari patta) and oil & simmer on medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Your chillie chicken is done. Serve with rice, naan or parathas with chutney, raita & salad.