Jo Coburn's Note:
hamburger curry taken from www.wholenewmom.com and saved here for safe keeping! She also has a low-carba nd a vegan option there too! I usually serve this over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, use more if using venison
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb venison
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups diced tomatoes in tomato puree, about 21 ounces if using canned
- 3 potatoes, diced small, just a bit larger than peas
- 2 -3 cups peas
- 1Melt oil in large pan and add the onion and garlic on low until the garlic begins to brown. Do not turn up garlic will burn easily before the onion is done.
- 2Add meat and cook thoroughly.
- 3Add curry, salt and other spices.
- 4Add potatoes, tomatoes and peas to the pan.
- 5Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pakistani Kima (Beef or Venison Curry)8
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 698.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes in tomato puree