1/1 Photo of Pakistani Coffee With Cinnamon & Cardamom
Adapted from Laura Kelly at Silk Road Gourmet, where she’s on a journey through the cuisines, histories and cultures of the more than thirty countries that traded goods along that great lifeline of the ancient world. Posted by Sasha Martin. Love how she describes things!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crack open a few cardamom pods and toss them in a large pot, along with dark roast coffee, a cinnamon stick, milk, and some water. You can add the sugar now, or you can let your guests add their own.
- 2Simmer for ten minutes. Ladle the liquid as it bubbles and bobs, pouring from up high to aerate the coffee mixture. Do this about twenty times.
- 3Actually do it about a hundred and twelve times. Each time the mixture will get a little frothier. It’s a great thing to do when you have a problem to work out. Someone to think about. However many times you decide to do it, enjoy the process.
- 4Strain the milky mixture and transfer to a coffee pot.
- 5Pour into cups and serve with a cinnamon stick.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pakistani Coffee With Cinnamon & Cardamom
Serving Size: 1 (1488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 95.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: