Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although this recipe has no major ingredient than rice. It has a very unique taste because of the garam masalas in it. I usually substitute it with plain white rice for meals when I am craving for something less bland. This is also a part of Zanzibari Pulao's recipe. Zanzibari Chutney (Part of Zanzibari Pulao/Pilaf) recipe #(will update soon)
- Heat oil in a pan & fry onions in it till they turn golden brown.
- Add cardamom pods (bari elaichi), cinnamon sticks (dalchini, cloves (laung), cumin seeds (zeera), 2 teaspoons salt and stir fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add water & the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and turn the heat up on high & wait till the water starts boiling.
- Add rice & cook them uncovered on high heat for 5 minutes or till the water dries up.
- Gently mix the rice and cover the pan, closing the lid tightly making sure no steam passes by & cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Serve with Daal, Chilli chicken, Murghi Ka Salan (Chicken Curry) or as Zanzabari Pulao's rice.
I am not giving you any star because the ratio of cumin, cardamom cinnamon clove is two much in this recipe if you put 2 pinches of cumin, 2 cardamom pods, half inch cinnamon stick ,4 clove and add a little bit of garlic then this recipe will be ok because I always make zeera wala chawal like that and that is quite good