Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's a pie. It's a cake ..it's a pake...drop dead diva from lifetime tv web
Make and share this Pake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 store bought frozen pie crust
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box cake mix (we recommend Red Velvet)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frosting (we recommend Cream Cheese)
- egg (as needed on cake box)
- vegetable oil (as needed on cake box)
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- -Leave the frozen pie crust out to thaw while you are mixing the cake batter.
- -Prepare the cake batter per the instructions on the box.*Note: This will make enough filling for two Pakes.
- -Gently poke a few small holes in the bottom of the pie crust, being careful not to poke through the tin.
- -Pour half of the cake batter into the pie crust, until approximately 1/2” below the edge. *Note: the cake mix will raise above the edge of the pie crust during baking.
- -Mix in chocolate chips if desired.
- -Place the Pake on a cookie sheet and place in the oven on a middle rack.
- -Bake for approximately 35 minutes at 350°F After 35 minutes, turn oven down to 325°F and continue baking for another 12-15 minutes or until cake is finished. (You can test the cake by sticking a toothpick in the center and pulling it out. It should be relatively clean with very little cake crumbs stuck to it.).
- -Let the pake cool completely.
- -If desired, cut the top section of the cake off and place a layer of frosting (or filling of your choice) on the lower half of the cake. Replace the top section.
- -Scoop the remaining frosting onto the cake and frost to the edge of the pie crust.
- -Garnish with dollops of whipped cream around the edges, sprinkles, candy pieces or a cherry (as desired).