This is a favourite Korean appetizer. It's any time of day (breakfast or lunch), and often eaten with maccoli (homestyle rice wine) on rainy days with friends in Korean pubs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g of small green onions
- 50 g scallions
- 1/3 cup clam
- 1/2 cup oyster
- 1/2 cup of hard-shelled mussels
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Trim the small green onions and scallions and cut them into 4-inch lengths. Wash oysters, clams, and hard-shelled mussels in brine (5 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt) and drain on a wicker tray.
- 2Slice oysters, clams, and hard-shelled mussels.
- 3Beat "A" with a whisk into a light batter and mix half the chopped seafood in the batter. "A" can be bought pre-mixed in bags in Korean food stores (just ask them).
- 4Place the green onions and scallions parallel in an oiled pan at a low heat and ladle a scoop of the batter onto them.
- 5After the patty cooks slightly, sprinkle the sea food and spread a little bit of batter again on the top.
- 6Turn the patty and fry until each side becomes appetizingly yellowish brown. Serve the pan-fried green onion and sea food with vinegar soy sauce mixed with "B".
- 7You can make this recipe with chives instead of green onions, and omitting the seafood if you like. Try putting your favourite veggies in there.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pajeon (Korean Scallion and Seafood Pancake)
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.4
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 1503.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 23.9 g