Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A gluten free cookie with pecans, coconut, and dried apricots. Adapted from a recipe from the food network.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 8 ounces canned sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or use a nonstick pan.
- Melt butter in the microwave about 30 seconds. Toss the pecans in the melted butter to evenly coat. Spread the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden and aromatic. Let cool, then chop roughly.
- Place the chopped pecans and the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until evenly moistened.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter for each cookie onto the lined baking sheet and gently flatten (these cookies do not spread). Bake 10 minutes or until the coconut turns very pale golden, being careful not to overbrown.Let rest on cookiesheet 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool.