Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A variation on the grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green peppers, julienned
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- whole wheat bread or French bread
- mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the peppers, onion, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender[just under 10 minutes].
- Toast or grill the bread.
- Spoon the peppers and onions over the toasted bread, top with sliced mozzarella and melt the cheese under the grill.
I love grilled cheese sandwiches and this one added a lovely mediterranean dimension. I used whole wheat bread and red pepper instead of green, I just prefer the taste! Very good sandwich recipe thank you!