Recipe by jonesies
Have the kids create their own designs and toast away! Makes for a great slumber party breakfast treat or to get them moving any morning!
Top Review by kRiti2404
Saw this recipe when it turned up in the food.com newsletter as a fun summer activity for kids. We used Q-tips instead of brushes and had lots of fun making tie-and-dye toast and rainbow toast. And actually we even managed to paint both sides of the bread slice before toasting it.
- 6 slices bread
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- food coloring (5 different colors)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill 5 shallow glasses with a 1/4 cup of milk in each.
- Take your 5 food colorings and in each glass put 5 drops of food coloring in the milk and stir till color shows.
- Use a small paint brush and dip the brush into the food coloring.
- Then take a piece of bread and paint a face or picture of choice on it.
- Place the bread into a toaster and wait till the bread is lightly toasted.
- Butter lightly to give taste.
- Enjoy your masterpiece!