Recipe by Marney
This is named after the famed painted desert in Northern Arizona. The layers look very similar to the mountains. To appreciate the resemblance use a clear bowl to make this in.
- 1 (12 ounce) canspicy refried beans
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 avocados, mashed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the beans and the taco seasoning.
- Mix the avocado, sour cream, lemon juice and garlic salt.
- In a large bowl spread the bean mixture, top with the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle the chilies on the avocado mixture and follow with the black olives, green onions, tomatoes and finish with both cheeses.