Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a French toast recipe. In Madison WI, the Sat farm market around the square will provide most of the ingredients for a delicious breakfast on Sunday morning.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices day-old French bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- diamond glazed walnuts or pecans
- Slice day old French Bread 3/4 inch thick.
- In large bowl, beat together honey, milk, eggs, cinnamon and salt.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture, turning to coat.
- Brown soaked slices in butter over medium heat, turning once.
- Serve with honey and sprinkle with walnuts or pecans, if desired.