Recipe by Lavender Lynn
from All Recipes Pain Perdu is a special New Orleans-style French Toast. The most tender version is made with wide loaves of French or Italian bread. Its great flavor comes from the orange brandy in the batter."
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, was this french toast ever good, I can't believe the flavor, it was excellent. The toast was light, fluffy and perfectly cooked, simply wonderful. I garnished the french toast with a little icing sugar, that was all it needed. Served with recipe #502824 and sliced oranges for a wonderful breakfast, that I will enjoy again and again. Thanks so much for sharing a new favorite. Made for ZWT9 - Hot Pink Panthers on the Prowl.
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 12 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, milk, brandy and orange zest. Beat until thick and foamy.
- Pour mixture into a shallow pan.
- Soak bread slices in the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until they are thoroughly soaked through.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray griddle with cooking spray.
- Cook the bread slices 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve hot.