from All Recipes Pain Perdu is a special New Orleans-style French Toast. The most tender version is made with wide loaves of French or Italian bread. Its great flavor comes from the orange brandy in the batter."
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, milk, brandy and orange zest. Beat until thick and foamy.
- Pour mixture into a shallow pan.
- Soak bread slices in the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until they are thoroughly soaked through.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray griddle with cooking spray.
- Cook the bread slices 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve hot.