Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very effective oil using only two ingredients. Great for muscular pains. It is specially used in India for massaging infants after a bath in winters to keep chest congestions at bay.
- 1⁄2 cup mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (ajwain)
- Heat the mustard oil in a small pan until smoky hot.
- Add caraway seeds.
- switch off the gas.
- Let the seeds burn in the hot oil and turn black.
- Let it cool.
- Drain the oil and store in a small bottle.
- Take small amount and, apply on muscular pains massaging a little. Do not expose the affected area to fan or air conditioner. Cover with a towel or warm cloth for about 10 minutes.
- Best when used at night. By the time you wake up in the morning, you will be feeling refreshed.
- Carry on the application for a couple of days.
- Apply warm oil for best results.
- Get well soon!