Recipe by kwlabear
From all recipes.com, I thought this sounded really good and it is, easy and delicious!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I remember Pain Au Chocolat very well from my days in Switzerland, when I could eat anything I wanted and not worry about my hips, lol! Warm and melting with a strong coffee, yum!!! This is a very easy way to recreate a real treat for sweet lovers. Once I had cooled them a little, I dusted them with icing sugar, they disappeared lickety-split! Oh, I took a 200gr choclate bar, it had 18 squares, so I cut my pastry sheet into 18 squares and made 18 little chocolate sausage rolls. Lovely recipe, Kwlabear!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the each chocolate bar into six 2x3/4-inch pieces.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Cut it into 12 squares.
- Lay 1 chocolate piece on the edge of a pastry square and roll up the dough tightly, completely enclosing the chocolate.
- Repeat with remaining pastry.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg wash. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- The pastries can be served warm from the oven or at room temperature.