Recipe by Rachel Savage
This is super comfort food and just as decadent as it sounds. Adapted from a recipe in the British Daily Telegraph newspaper.
- 4 chocolate croissants (rectangular or pain au chocolat)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 75 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas mark 2. Cut each pain au chocolat into three equal pieces widthways and pack them into a baking dish.
- Mix the milk and cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Mix the sugar and eggs in a bowl and pour the chocolate mixture over, whisking constantly. Then slowly pour the custard over the pain au chocolat, allowing the custard to be absorbed before adding more.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly crisp but the centre is still wobbly. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.