Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very regional recipe for Quebec City, I'm not sure where else. This is a wonderful kid friendly meal and a great way to have homemade 'fast food' while still eating fairly healthy. I couldn't find it on here and had a heck of a time finding it on the web. (If you've seen recipes for Pain de Viande that is completely different. Pain a la Viande is bread with meat whereas Pain de Viande is meatloaf)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 10 hot dog buns, toasted
- Melt butter in pan, add onions to soften.
- Add in ground beef and brown.
- Add the rest of ingredients and cook 15 to 20 minutes till heated through and thickened.
- Serve over toasted hot dog buns.
This sounds very much like "american" sloppy joes.