Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a great summertime after-work dish. While your grill is going, slap some fresh sweet corn on for a quick side dish. Recipe is from the Chicago Tribune.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat,washed,patted dry
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Prepare grill or heat broiler on high.
- Place one large sheet of plastic wrap on flat countertop.
- Take a few drops of cold water and moisten surface of chicken.
- Season chicken breast generously with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place one chicken breast in center of plastic wrap; cover with a second piece of wrap.
- Flatten meat with flat meat mallet, pounding chicken breast from center outward to an even 1/4-inch thickness.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Combine garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from plastic.
- Rub surface of chicken with garlic oil mixture.
- Combine lemon juice and chives in a separate small bowl; season mixture with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Place chicken on grill or in broiler; cook until well seared, about 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook 2-3 minutes longer, depending on heat of grill.
- Remove chicken; spoon lemon juice and chive mixture over and serve.