This is my friend Paige's recipe. She would bring them decorated in whatever holiday theme (she was big on decorating them in pastels). There were rarely any left. These are very soft and cake-like cookie and the Paige's Buttercream Frosting is a must. IMO
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Then add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- Chill in refrigerator till firm or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll the dough 1/4-1/2-inch thickness and cut out into desired shape.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly pale golden--not brown.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack before frosting.