Top Review by applee
I requested this recipe and when I made them I found out that these are THE BEST cookies. They stay soft and full of flavor. I used almond extract instead of vanilla and absolutely loved the results. You can make these cookies as big or small as you like, and the Page's Buttercream Frosting is the perfect frosting for these cookies!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 10 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Then add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- Chill in refrigerator till firm or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll the dough 1/4-1/2-inch thickness and cut out into desired shape.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly pale golden--not brown.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack before frosting.