Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not for the calorie and fat minding, although I have reduced the amount of butter and used the fat-free half and half successfully.This is quick to come together and delicious! Originally from an April1978 Bon Apetit.
- 1⁄2 lb white linguine
- 1⁄2 lb spinach linguine
- olive oil
- boiling water (2 large pots)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into 8 to 10 slices (1 stick)
- 12 medium stemmed mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, very thinly sliced and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 lb parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- additional parmesan cheese, freshly grated, for serving
- Cook pastas separately, al dente, adding a few drops of olive oil to each pot.
- Drain quickly, allowing some water to remain, and combine in one pot over very low heat.
- Stir in butter,mushrooms,and prosciutto with large wooden spoons or forks.
- Add chicken broth and cream, tossing gently but thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in heated bowls with additional parmesan passed separately.