Leslie in Texas's Note:
Not for the calorie and fat minding, although I have reduced the amount of butter and used the fat-free half and half successfully.This is quick to come together and delicious! Originally from an April1978 Bon Apetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb white linguine
- 1/2 lb spinach linguine
- olive oil
- boiling water (2 large pots)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 8 to 10 slices (1 stick)
- 12 medium stemmed mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, very thinly sliced and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 lb parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- additional parmesan cheese, freshly grated, for serving
- 1Cook pastas separately, al dente, adding a few drops of olive oil to each pot.
- 2Drain quickly, allowing some water to remain, and combine in one pot over very low heat.
- 3Stir in butter,mushrooms,and prosciutto with large wooden spoons or forks.
- 4Add chicken broth and cream, tossing gently but thoroughly.
- 5Sprinkle with parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve in heated bowls with additional parmesan passed separately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paglia E Fieno ( Straw and Hay)
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 346.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: