Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The English translation for this is "straw and hay" It refers to the colours of the pasta when mixed together don't worry about finding green and white pasta if you can't just use white.
- 60 g butter
- 450 g fresh peas or 450 g frozen peas, thawed
- 200 ml double cream
- 450 g green and white tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 60 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the peas. Cook on a low heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add 150ml of the cream to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes Remove from heat.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the olive oil. Cook the pasta until al dente. drain and return to the pan.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and return to the heat. Stir in the remaining cream and ensure the peas are hot.
- Stir through the parmesan, season if desired and serve.