Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Southern Gentleman, raconteur, and local legend, Page Chamberlain brought these beans to a potluck. They are delicious.
- Place green beans in a baking dish and dot with butter pats.
- Make sure to have water just covering the beans.
- Pour brown sugar over them and cover the beans with the bacon strips.
- Cook at 400° for approximately forty minutes.
- (Bacon will be cooked when beans are done).
Sounds wonderful! But, where's the GARLIC?!?! It's posted in the "garlic" section! I will try, but will ADD garlic!!
I've always put sugar in my green beans but never used brown sugar, so I was intrigued by this. I didn't use the full 1/2 cup of brown sugar and they were still too sweet for me (candied green beans is the best description I can come up with). I think the servings are off too. There's no way I can get 8 servings out of a 14.5-ounce can of green beans at my house. These were ok but I don't think I'll be making again. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
Sweet and savory beans. Wanted to, and did, follow the recipe as written, but next time I'll use fresh green beans. I don't see why you can't accomplish the cooking process on top of the stove in less than 20 minutes.