Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My son loves Pagach, so I whipped up this recipe for dinner last night. You can use whatever kind of cheese you like. I use the store bought premade mashed potatoes you find in the meat section of most supermarkets, so easy, so delish!!! Also, my husband suggested topping it with some crispy fried bacon!!!!
- 1 rectangular pizza crust (store bought is just fine)
- 1 lb mashed potatoes
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 8 slices cooper sharp cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fry onions in butter until soft.
- Spread a thin layer of soft butter on pizza crust or drizzle with a little olive oil. (this is optional).
- Place the 8 slices of Cooper cheese on the pizza crust.
- Heat mashed potatoes and add the fried onions, 1 cup of the shredded sharp cheese, the sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mashed potato mixture on top of pizza crust.
- Top with the rest of the cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Place under broiler to brown top.
The crumbled bacon is definitely a good idea! After one bite, my husband remarked that it tasted like a pizza and a baked potato had a baby:-). Very yummy comfort food!
Outstanding! I did add some bacon to half and it was very good!