1/3 Photos of Paella With Chicken, Zucchini and Rosemary
Traditional Spanish recipe for tender chicken breasts subtly seasoned with fresh rosemary. According to Spanish tradition, when you pass by a rosemary bush you should pull some sprigs from the fragrant shrub and carry them in your pocket to ensure good luck in the week to come! Perhaps this dish will bring you that same good fortune! Submitted for Zaar World Tour 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken, boneless skinless breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 ounces dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cups rice, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 large zucchini, cut into 1 inch strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large pan. Add the chicken and cook until done and browned on all sides. Set aside.
- 2Clean the pan and heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for five minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and green pepper and cook for three minutes.
- 4Add the sherry and cook for another one minute.
- 5Pour in the rice and saute for five minutes.
- 6Mix in the broth, saffron, turmeric, browned chicken and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the rosemary and cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle in the remaining rosemary and stir.
- 8Arrange the zucchini over the rice, cover and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the rice and chicken are tender, and the broth has been absorbed.
- 9Allow to cool for five minutes; serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella With Chicken, Zucchini and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.4
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 141.7 mg
- Sodium 522.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 43.5 g