Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A healthy, easy to make, filling meal
- 1⁄4 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup long grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 8 andouille sausages, thick slices
- 1⁄4 lb chorizo sausage
- 8 white pearl onions
- 1⁄4 lb catfish, in bite-size pieces
- 8 large shrimp
- Place the rice in a large skillet and add the coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the shrimp. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently. The rice should be slightly al dente at this point and there should still be some free liquid in the pan. Add a little water if not.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink and curl up. If the mixture is still very runny, remove the shrimp and continue cooking the mixture until all free liquid is absorbed. Recombine the shrimp and serve.