Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the back of a box of saffron from Spain.
- 6 chicken pieces
- 453.59 g pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 red ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 473.18 ml arborio rice
- 0.25 ml saffron
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 113.39 g string bean
- 396.89 g can artichokes, drained
- 2 laurel leaves
- 453.59 g shrimp
- 453.59 g mussels
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Warm up the oil in a paella dish, and brown chicken and pork (seasoned with salt and pepper).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add rice, mix with a wooden spoon and cook until the grains are golden brown and loose.
- Then add broth and saffron, stir a little and add tomatoes, peppers and laurel leaves and the reserved chicken and pork.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Set over rice the string beans, artichokes, mussels and shrimp.
- Put paella dish in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.