Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe, from Tio Carlos.
- 2 1⁄2 kg pre- cooked long-grain rice
- 315 ml olive oil
- 315 ml cooking oil
- 1 1⁄4 kg pork (1/2 ribs y 1/2 tender loin)
- 1 1⁄4 kg chicken (legs & or or thighs, cut in half - 25 pieces cut into 50 halves)
- 1 1⁄4 kg breakfast sausage
- 1 1⁄4 kg large shelled prawns
- 1 1⁄4 kg shrimp (U26/30)
- 1 2⁄3 kg white clams
- 250 g chorizo sausages, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 kg tomatoes, peeled
- 100 g garlic cloves, peeled (25 pcs)
- 2 1⁄2 kg onions
- 500 g green beans, halved
- 500 g peas
- 2 1⁄2 g saffron, stigmas re-hydrated in 1/2 cup warm water
- 25 g paprika
- 125 g chicken stock powder
- 250 g red bell peppers, roasted
- 500 g green bell peppers, fresh
- Apart, boil seafood in plenty water.
- Heat oils in Paella pan over gas or wood fire.
- Fry pork & chicken, remove from pan.
- Fry onions, then fry garlics.
- Fry tomatoes, then green peppers, peas and green beans.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except chorizo, and red peppers.
- Add rice & water from sea food, test for salt.
- Cover with a table cloth, and cook until rice is done.
- Just before finishing cooking time, decorate with peppers & chorizo slices.
- Enjoy with spanish red wine and white rolls on the side.
This was really good, the flavour is great. I had to make this in a wok on the stove because its still to cold out to bbq. That paella pan must be huge. I only made 1/4 of the recipe and the large wok I made it in was about to over flow. (at least 8-10 servings).I will definately make this again over in the bbq pit. Thank you.