Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was delicious, quick to prepare, and surprisingly suitable for guests. I must suggest adding clam juice to the broth/wine mixture, as it ties it all together beautifully. My artichokes got a bit mushy, but they were jarred, so perhaps frozen would hold their shape better. My personal taste preference leans toward a bit of garlic, despite authenticity issues, so next time I make it I'll throw a few whole cloves in while it's baking. Very tasty; I highly recommend! Enjoy.
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 2.46 ml saffron thread
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 170.09 g fideos (thin Spanish noodles in coils) or 170.09 g thin spaghetti, either pasta broken into 2-inch lengths
- 6 large shrimp, shelled (16 to 20 per pound)
- 6 large sea scallops
- 6 clams, scrubbed
- 113.39 g frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 4.92 ml chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan bring broth and wine to a boil and stir in saffron. Keep mixture at a simmer. In a heavy ovenproof skillet measuring 8 inches across the bottom heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté uncooked pasta, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Pour simmering broth mixture over pasta and simmer 5 minutes.
- Nestle shellfish and artichoke hearts into pasta and bake, uncovered, in middle of oven until liquid is reduced to a syrupy glaze (pasta should be tender but crisp on top), about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle pasta with chives.
- Serves 2.
This was so beyond words good!!!! I know because I just spent minutes trying to find the right words - only to discover that I'm out of superlatives to describe this. TRY IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!