Recipe by DailyInspiration
This dish calls for packaged saffron yellow rice along with artichokes, shrimp and peas. The picture in my Trim and Terrific cookbook looks beautiful.
Top Review by ForeverMama
This is s GREAT salad! So refreshing and would be a perfect dish for summer. My girls love shrimp and they really enjoyed and commented that I should make it again. Thought it would be very good too with addition of fresh basil. I would have added it if I had it on hand, but maybe next time I will. It's a keeper. Made it for "Please Review my Recipe" game.
- 2 (5 ounce) packagessaffron yellow rice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, basil, pepper and cayenne; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice with the cooked shrimp, artichoke hearts, green pepper, peas, tomato, pimento, red onion, and prosciutto, mixing well. Pour the dressing over the rice mixture, tossing to coat. Cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.