Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A taste of Spain lightened up! Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 2 (283.49 g) packagesaffron yellow rice
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 396.89 g canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 177.44 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml frozen green pea, thawed
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, chopped (Romas work best)
- 56.69 g jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 chop red onion, chopped
- 56.69 g prosciutto, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, basil, black pepper and cayenne pepper, set dressing aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked rice with the shrimp, artichoke hearts, green pepper, peas, tomato, pimentos, red onion and prosciutto, mixing well.
- Pour the dressing over the rice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.