2 hrs 30 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
A taste of Spain lightened up! Cooking time is refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (5 ounce) packages saffron yellow rice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup tomato, chopped (Romas work best)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 chop red onion, chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, basil, black pepper and cayenne pepper, set dressing aside.
- 4In a large bowl combine the cooked rice with the shrimp, artichoke hearts, green pepper, peas, tomato, pimentos, red onion and prosciutto, mixing well.
- 5Pour the dressing over the rice mixture, tossing to coat.
- 6Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella Salad
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 361.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: