Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A taste of Spain lightened up! Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Make and share this Paella Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (5 ounce) packagessaffron yellow rice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (Romas work best)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 chop red onion, chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, basil, black pepper and cayenne pepper, set dressing aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked rice with the shrimp, artichoke hearts, green pepper, peas, tomato, pimentos, red onion and prosciutto, mixing well.
- Pour the dressing over the rice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.