Recipe by katia
A classic Spanish dish. The basic ingredients are olive oil, saffron and rice. This is a seafood version with garlic and saffron. Posted for ZWT 2007.
- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 1 lb squid
- 1 lb mussels
- 2 cups short-grain rice
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 5 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan put the half olive oil and the add the onion and garlic.
- Stir for 3 minutes and then add the peppers and the tomato paste.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the squids, the rice, the saffron , salt and pepper.
- After 2-3 minutes add the warm water.
- Add the rest of the olive oil.
- When the water is absorbed add the shrimps and the mussels.
- Continue cooking stirring occasionally for 10 minutes more.
- Serve and enjoy!