1/1 Photo of Paella in a Hurry:p
I saw this in my local newspaper and I was drawn to it! It caught my attention...it sounds pretty good! Let me know how it goes... I doubt my mom will ever allow me to make this because she makes the authentic Paella Valenciana (since my family on my mother's side is all Spaniard)....but when I live by myself...I will! P
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml quick-cooking brown rice
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, of approx. 4oz each diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 113.39 g fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 425.24 g can crushed tomatoes
- 1.23 ml saffron thread
- 1.23 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 1.23-2.46 ml hot seasoning, sauce (optional)
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1Prepare brown rice according to the directions on the package. When rice is removed from the heat, add the peas, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the skillet, stir frequently and cook until done; remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Add onion and garlic to skillet, cook from 2-3 minutes until tender.
- 4Add sausage to the skillet and heat through.
- 5Stir in tomatoes, spices and seasonings; bring to a simmer. To this tomato mixture, add the shrimp and cover; cook it over medium heat from 2-3 minutes until shrimp is done.
- 6Stir in chicken and brown rice. Enjoy :D!
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella in a Hurry:p
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 445.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice