Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this in my local newspaper and I was drawn to it! It caught my attention...it sounds pretty good! Let me know how it goes... I doubt my mom will ever allow me to make this because she makes the authentic Paella Valenciana (since my family on my mother's side is all Spaniard)....but when I live by myself...I will! P
- 3 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, of approx. 4oz each diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot seasoning, sauce (optional)
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Prepare brown rice according to the directions on the package. When rice is removed from the heat, add the peas, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the skillet, stir frequently and cook until done; remove from heat and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, cook from 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add sausage to the skillet and heat through.
- Stir in tomatoes, spices and seasonings; bring to a simmer. To this tomato mixture, add the shrimp and cover; cook it over medium heat from 2-3 minutes until shrimp is done.
- Stir in chicken and brown rice. Enjoy :D!
Very good! This is a huge recipe, and fairly easy to put together. Next time I would add more seasonings-maybe cumin and pepper. Thank you Vanessa7 for sharing. Made as posted for Fall PAC.