1/1 Photo of Paella Esmeralda (Emerald Paella)
susie cooks's Note:
This is so wonderful!! No meat in this recipe so it is a great recipe for everyone. I do not know where the original recipe came from as I got it from a friend. Instead of the parmesan cheese, you can substitute Manchego cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 5 cups spinach leaves, destemmed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Combine the vegetable broth, parsley, basil, saffron, and cumin in a skillet over low heat. Set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in the paella pan and lightly toast pine nuts. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and sauté until tender.
- 3Add the olives and spinach and cook for several minutes, until spinach has wilted.
- 4Mix in the rice and pour in the vegetable broth mixture, combining well.
- 5Cook until the rice is tender and all the broth has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- 6Mix in the cheese and allow to cool for several minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella Esmeralda (Emerald Paella)
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.3
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 589.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives