Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was sitting here looking at the other paella receipies and bumming out because I had no saffron and no money. THEN I realized I had Indian Saffron rice and then I was in business! This also borrows heavily from my experience in the Reynosa region of Mexico where they can make some fire!
- 1⁄2 lb frozen shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb frozen clam
- 1⁄2 lb frozen pollock
- 1⁄2 lb frozen octopus or 1⁄2 lb squid
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter (which I make myself)
- 1 (6 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons bouquet garni
- 2 tablespoons garlic (you can find it at Kroger in the organic isle) or 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, compote (you can find it at Kroger in the organic isle)
- 2 cups saffron rice mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 6 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- 6 tortillas, deep fried
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Big pot on medium high.
- Add clarified butter till melted.
- Add onions simmer till just carmelized.
- add bouquet garni.
- Add Bay leaf.
- Add water.
- Add seafood mix and bring to a boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add Chipoltes in Adobo,garlic/sundried tomato mixture, and simmer all for 45 minutes covered.
- Remove bayleaf and ladle out into deepfried tortillia bowls with avocado and lime on the side.
- You will not regret this one!