1 hr 25 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
From the cookbook "The Art of Spanish Cooking" I have not tried this classic dish yet, but it is in my recipe book to try for a dinner party. Cooking time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken breast, boned
- 1/4 lb lean pork
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lobster tails
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup shelled peas or 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 12 mussels, well scrubbed
- 2 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1Chop the chicken breast and pork into 1-inch cubes.
- 2Saute chicken, pork and onion in olive oil until crispy brown.
- 3Cut each lobster tail in three pieces, right through the shell, cutting away undershell.
- 4Add lobster, tomato and garlic to chicken and pork, and cook 2 minutes.
- 5Dissolve saffron in 2 Tbsp.
- 6boiling water, strain.
- 7Add saffron with rice, peas, salt and mussels, stir to coat rice with oil.
- 8Pour on boiling water and again bring to boil, cook over moderately high heat 10 minutes.
- 9Stir or shake to prevent sticking, cover tightly, keep in a warm place on stove 15 to 20 minutes longer until all liquid is absorbed.
- 10A very heavy skillet or cast-iron casserole will hold enough heat to complete cooking the rice; with a less heavy pan it may be necessary to have very low heat under it during this last stage- or place skillet or casserole in an oven set at 300ºF.
- 11Can be cooked entirely in a 10-inch skillet or a similarly sized pan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella a la Catalonia
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 718.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: