Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is under construction and should not be used.
Make and share this Paella recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 small red pepper (chopped)
- 200 g chicken thighs (in bite sized pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 10 saffron strands
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or less)
- 300 g rice (Paella)
- 750 g chicken stock
- 12 -15 medium prawns (tails only)
- 5 large prawns
- 2 calamari (cut in rings)
- 8 mussels
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- Fry chicken in a few teaspoons olive oil until golden. Remove from pan.
- Gently fry onions in olive oil until golden. (approx 5 mins).
- Add garlic and cook for another few minutes.
- Add red pepper and tomato. Cook until tomato is very soft.
- Add rice, chicken, stock and spices and heat until simmering. Put the timer on for 20 minutes.
- Add prawns and calamari and push into the liquid. The Paella should be simmering quite strongly. Rotate pan so it all cooks evenly.
- With 8 minutes (12 min) to go, push mussels into the rice and lay large prawns on top.
- After 4 mins (turn prawns over) and place peas on top.
- When the timer goes, put some foil loosely over the pan and wait 3 minutes.
- Push lemon into the paella and serve.
- Serve from pan and get people to squeeze lemon over their serves.