1/2 Photos of Paella
This is a wonderfully flavorful meal. Chicken or pork may be substituted for the seafood, or try a "mixed" paella, with a little of each!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups rice (Uncle Ben's works best)
- 5 cups water
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 lb mussels, in their shells
- 1/2 lb clam, in their shells
- 1/2 lb squid, cleaned, and cut into rings
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 very ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- saffron (I use 1 packet of ground)
- 1 double bouillon cube (Knorr is nice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon wedge (for serving)
- 1Clean all seafood under cold running water.
- 2Chop vegetables.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- 4Sauté vegetables.
- 5When they begin to soften, add seafood, thyme and bay leaf, and cook thoroughly.
- 6Add saffron, water, bouillon cube and salt. Stir well and add rice.
- 7Bring to a boil, and boil uncovered 5 minutes on high heat.
- 8Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 more minutes. Do not lift cover during this time!
- 9Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 more minutes, still without removing cover.
- 10Now, you can finally lift the lid, and fluff the rice, remove bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- 11Serve with crusty french bread, and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 205.4 mg
- Sodium 790.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
double bouillon cubes